There's always a lighter side to counter darkness. Atleast you can have a smile on your face when u expire.

Wednesday 20 June, 2007

Star Words episode IV - A new blog

BLOG UPDATED
www. rangarajuscoolspace. blospot. com

And suddenly there's an explosion of new blogs on the Internet. It's summer, college is off, and what better to do than sit and post articles on the Internet? If you're in America, your not smart enough to write something comprehensible, and if you're in school, you have better things to do like study for IIT-JEE. And so after a year in engineering college, you inevitably find yourself exploring new frontiers, like writing, because you know that with the country producing more engineering graduates in a year than the entire population of Sri Lanka, it's not going to take you anywhere.
So people sit and write, more often than not, about their lives on blogs, as if anyone cares. Apparently people do care! There are blogs like online diaries, giving us hour by hour details of that person's day, and just when you think, does anyone seriously read this?, you find 20 comments at the bottom saying, 'wow i love the way you make your boring insignificant life sound so exciting. I was holding my breath at every word'. Is that a compliment or a subtle, sarcastic insult? But there are some written very well, though i don't know anyone personally who puts up their diaries online.
Then there are blogs describing random flashes of memory that the author has. Maybe he has a mental illness, who knows. The posts are completely incomprehensible, after all it's the authors muddled mind you're delving into, but that doesn't stop, 'it's so vivid dude, it's like I can feel you thinking about it. I can feel your pain man. I can feel your pain!!' or 'hey, i like flash number so and so (the author actually numbered his flashes of memory). I think it's cool that you had such a flash. I wish i could have flashes like that. I want to be just like you!'
But seriously, there's nothing wrong in posting blogs like that, just like there's nothing wrong in me posting my take on random blogs. After all it's a free country, and if someone wants to post articles about how tea factories work, so be it. There has to be someone in this world who is interested in the delicate art of plucking leaves, crushing them, boiling them and then consuming them. Maybe the blog caters to those people. There are pictures of leaves up there as well, for those of you who haven't seen leaves, this could be your lucky chance. God bless the author of that blog, imparting to the world invaluable knowledge about the subtle mysteries of tea. 'Dude i think it's cool that you actually saw a tea factory. I've heard that only like one out of every 100000 people in this world get to experience this. I want to know more about it. I want to be just like you!!'
If some college girl wants to write about herself, let her go ahead. In fact there's at least one college guy reading about her complaining how boring and, at the same time, fun her boring and fun life is, going by his posts on the same college girl. So the girl writes about her life, the guy writes about her life, and they live happily ever after, where's the harm. The guy comments on the girl's blog telling her how much he loves her life, the girl comments on the guy's blog telling him how much she loves what he has written about her life. There does seem to be a slight inconsistency in those comments though- the guy writes, 'wow, the way you describe it, it's almost like you're right next to me whispering it into my ear!' The girl on the other hand is content with a simple, 'interesting stuff, keep writing.' But as they say, blogs well that ends well.
Sometimes, what's more interesting than the posts are the profiles of the respective blog owners. 'About me- This space is too small for me to write anything about myself. I am too cool to be restricted to this. My blog will elucidate on that.' Or how about, 'Well, i'm da coolest dude u'll get ta kno. My seksy body matches ma sesky humor. So gals, look into my heart and u wil c, ders nuttin left 2 hide. Search above, search my blog, and wen u find me der ul search no more. Dont tel me its not worth readin for. I cant help it ders notin i want more. Everything i write, i write it for you.' But by far the most accurate description of one's self has to be, 'I'm ME!!'
I would rather leave the 'about me' space blank. I just don't feel the need to share stuff about me publicly. So this blog isn't going to be about my daily schedule, or how many text books i can read in a day, or even random unrelated memories. It's going to be about the real life, and how there are things funny enough to be shared with everyone. Totally opposite to my other blog, http://www.myriadofmirrors.blogspot.com/, which involves a lot of blood, gore and more blood. I'll try to make this as humorous as possible, forgive me if i fall short of the mark. There are a lot of hilarious situations in this world, after all, the gods must be drunk!

DISCLAIMER- The events depicted in this post are fictitious. Any similarity to any person living or dead is merely coincidental.

10 comments:

sonam said...

whoa !! from darkness to light?? how did this happen??

α Lyrae said...

God must be drunk?? why?

siddharth b said...

@vega, oh ull c. nice name btw, is dat ur real name?

α Lyrae said...

Yes, that's my real name.

Nilanjana said...

you forgot to mention those would-be modern authors regularly churning out bad sex in their stories. And blood and gore of course, by the gallons. Seriously, some people have no sense of community responsibility, esp when u take into account the fact that everyone apparently is interested in their blogs.

siddharth b said...

@nil - ya der r dos too. but like iv said for d other completely random examples i gave, if dey want to write bout dat, let em. no harm. personally i dont think any1s blog is bad, deyr all good in their own way. i just thought id point out some of d lighter aspects of blogs.

Nilanjana said...

yes, dear, of course dear, whatever you say dear! :)

Papaw Betaw said...

sesky writing!!!! :D
enjoyed going thru ur posts
hoping for more inrsting stuff to read

divya said...

its funny.. but too sarcastic!!!
u take pride in your sarcasm.. hmm.. well whatever you think.. after all its YOUR BLOG!

urban said...

gah blah. got that pub job yet?